With 2016 just around the corner, find out how a combination of market factors are making real estate the most viable financial opportunity for money conscious North Americans.
No matter what you “day job” is, you need to have at least one side project you’re working on to make the most of your time and efforts. If you want to maintain a healthy and positive work/life balance, it starts with an understanding that “work” is not just a means to an end to pay bills, “work” is also your unique contribution that only you have to make to in the world – for yourself and for your family.
With the last decade of economic struggles throughout Canada and the U.S., more and more people are turning to self-directed forms of work to generate cash flow. New technology and platforms have given individuals incredible new potential to connect with your audience, make money through online networks and take financial control at a time when jobs are scarce and people need it most.
If you’re thinking about starting a new side project in 2016 to pad your income and secure your financial future, now is a better time than ever to buy and sell U.S. real estate.
Here are 7 reasons why you should consider U.S. real estate investments in 2016:
- New Innovative Platforms: Trading time for dollars is not the most efficient way to generate income, it’s just the most traditional route. In fact, more and more millennials have rejected this “time-for dollars” model in favour of newer forms of money-making that leverage new technology.
Real estate, as a traditional industry that offers long-term consistent passive income, has been innovated with amazing new forms of online software and platforms that are making it easier and easier for people to buy and sell real estate, right from your home, sight unseen. No more time or money wasted on long travels required, no faxes and no calculators. Today, real estate investors leverage resources to use active plug-n-play spreadsheets, scan and email offers, take Google Earth tours and more to do it all from the comfort of home.
- No Jobs in 2016 Economic Recession: The Canadian economy is on “recession-watch” with a slugglish third quarter in 2015 and bleak outlooks for the 2016 year ahead. The only one’s who are truly “bullet-proof” from the scarcity of jobs and overall slowdown in any economic growth this year, will be those with asset investments that continue to pull in money, with consistent rental income. What’s more, as a Canadian-based investor in U.S. real estate, you gain from the continued strengthening of the U.S. economy while taking advantage of steadily increasing rental rates.
- Your Financial Future: It’s no secret that real estate assets deliver financial security. In times of economic recession, more than a few individuals are faced with budget cuts and layoffs at major corporations or governmental agencies that wind up giving you options for employment with no benefits or pension at all. In a down economy, you’re considered lucky to have any job but without the security of a pension and health plan, you’re risking your entire financial future. Real estate investments gives you the security blanket to cushion your income and maintain a healthy financial future regardless of the economy ups and downs.
- Lifelong Wealth and Your Legacy: Building your lifelong wealth machine through real estate is not the same as “having a job” or making a savings account. Real estate investments is the only true way to leverage your one-time efforts and continuously generate profits. Once you buy your real estate assets, you gain consistent passive income.
Plus, you can leverage your existing assets to buy more assets and continue to grow your real estate wealth empire to leave a lasting legacy of wealth. (Check out my Legacy here to see more)
- Your Autonomy and Freedom: If you’re stuck in the conventional “time for dollars” model of employment, there will never be an experience you value more than cashing your tenants rental cheques without doing any work whatsoever. As a real estate investor, you gain autonomy and freedom to control your own time so you’re free to enjoy your life as you choose while still gaining earning consistent income.
- Undervalued U.S. Assets: Hey guys, unless you’ve had your head in the sand, you know that there is MAJOR, historical opportunity to put your hands on seriously undervalued assets in the U.S. right now. This isn’t something you should take for granted, prices are already steadily rising but there are still plenty of markets with incredibly lucrative opportunity to invest and make a killing with flips or rentals. But the clock is ticking!
- Nobody’s Going To Do It For You: If human nature has any one shared vice, it is definitely the tendency to assume that others are going to take care of you in the future. Let’s be clear: no one is going to force you to take your life more seriously and take accountability for your financial future – but you’re going to have to face the music eventually! No one is going to do it for you, so make 2016 the year you take control of your financial future for yourself. You won’t regret it.
With all 2016 New Year resolutions and the renewal of energy to make progress with your goals, be sure to take a look through the market conditions and timing because all systems are GO for Canadians who want to buy and sell U.S. real estate to realize financial freedom.